Potluck & Praise
St. Paul’s has offered a Potluck & Praise event one Saturday a month from 5pm – 6:30pm. This free event is open to everyone and is an opportunity to gather as a community to share a meal, share in praise and share stories about Christ’s work in the world. Unfortunately our leader can no longer do this and we are looking for new leaders
Bring your favourite food, plate and cutlery. There will be volunteer musicians who will lead a time of praise and a place for the kids to run around and play. Volunteers needed before and after to help with setting up and taking down tables and chairs. We hope to make this a monthly event so come on out!
The annual Sunday School Pancake Supper is a time of special celebration the day before we enter into the season of Lent and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy food and community. We usually have a full house, with lots of laughter and fun.
It is hosted by the Sunday School and all proceeds, after costs, go to Sleeping Children Around the World (http://www.scaw.org/). The cost of the supper is $7/Adults, $4/Children (4-12 yrs), and free for children three and under. The meal includes pancakes, sausages, fruit, and drinks. We ask that people bring their own plates, cups, and cutlery. We try our best to accommodate special diets, so let us know when you buy your tickets.
As this is hosted by the Sunday School, the Sunday School and their families help in the organization and preparation of the supper. Below is a list of what needs to get done. If you can help in any way, please let Deborah know (email@example.com).
We look forward to having you join us for this supper. It’s a great way to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.
Volunteers Needed (All Ages)
1. For two Sundays, January 31 and February 7, we will be selling tickets after worship. I will need people each week to sell them.
2. We will need posters made up, advertising the event. We need 8 1/2 x 11 posters to put up around the church and we need one big poster for display when selling tickets. Anyone willing to make posters? They can be printed on the computer or created with markers and crayons. They just need to be legible and brightly coloured. I can provide the details needed for the posters. We need them by January 31st.
3. We need pancake flippers. This exciting task goes to those who are in fifth grade or older. There are four shifts. They are from 4:30-5:00, 5:00-5:30, 5:30-6:00, and 6:00-6:30. We also need adult supervisors during these times.
4. We need some helpers to come early. We need a couple of people around 10am to mix batter, a couple more at 1pm to cut up fruit and butter, and a couple more at 4pm to help make coffee, pour syrup, reheat sausages, set tables, etc. We also need people to cook sausages before the event and freeze them. We buy five boxes.
5. We need volunteers who are willing to stay after and clean up.
6. We need to borrow a couple of electric griddles. Preferably we need griddles that can cook at least 4-5 pancakes at a time.